counsellor durham for EMDR

About me


I offer Counselling, Psychotherapy and Reiki services in Durham and the North East.

I am dedicated and passionate about my work as a therapist and the counselling service that I provide, as I can appreciate how important it is to be offered the support that you need.  

I have a Masters Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy and I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).  To ensure that I offer you an ethical service I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework as well as having monthly clinical supervision.

I am trained in the use of EMDR for the treatment of trauma, PTSD and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

I am committed to my continuous personal and professional development.  

There are many reasons why people seek counselling.  I have experience of working with a variety of issues some of which include anxiety, depression and low-self esteem.  I also have a special interest in working with trauma and bereavement.  If you are considering counselling but you are unsure as to whether this is the right service for you then please get in touch with me.

I also hold a Level 4 (Master Teacher) certificate in the complementary therapy of Reiki. Reiki can be used as a stand alone therapy or combined with counselling. Visit my Reiki page if you would like more information about this.

I have nine years of experience of providing face-to-face support through a number of different roles and settings.   Please see my linked-in account for more details by clicking here

Alongside my private counselling practice, based in Durham, I also provide therapy at two GP practices.  I am also a student mentor and a staff coach at Durham University.  I have previous experience of providing student support in one of the Durham University colleges.  This means that I am familiar with many of the policies and procedures of the university as well as the difficulties which students may experience.

If you have any questions about therapy please visit my frequently asked questions page, or contact me by clicking here